Customer Intercept Surveys
Customer interception or customer intercept surveys is a process in which a customer is approached with very specific, targeted questions to elicit a conducive response. Customer intercepts usually occur inside the retail store or inside your business establishment exactly when the customer is conducting business with you, buying from you or using one of your services.
Customer intercept surveys are a set of questions that can give you a deep insight into your customer’s mind. The real-time feedback that you obtain in the heat of the moment is one of the best forms of understanding customer experience.
How do we conduct customer intercept surveys for your business?
Our professional interviewers are placed at key store entry/exit points. They are instructed to intercept your customers just when they are entering or exiting your business establishment.
As explained above, in customer intercept surveys, the questions can be based according to whether people going in and coming out do business with you or not, and what is the reason.
We have a team of highly trained interviewers who approach your current and prospective customers and clients with great care and professionalism. Our interviewers will make sure that they don’t press hard for questions and only ask very strategic questions.
Sometimes our questions are formed – with ample input from you, of course – in such a manner that your customers and clients feel it is a pleasure to indulge in the intercepts.
Our process is quite scientific and straightforward:
- Clearly define the profile of your customers.
- Develop a hypothesis around which questions are framed.
- Plan very specific questions for very specific customers.
- Equip our professionals with the right tools including questionnaires, release forms, incentives (gift cards and discount coupons, if applicable), digital recorders, camera phones and microphones.
- Compile the data, run it through data analytics and submit reports to you.
It is a totally nonintrusive process.
Carrying out customer intercepts is one of the best ways of finding out what makes your customers do business with you and what stops them from doing business with you.
Contact us to know more about how we can help you with our customer intercepts services.
Customer intercept surveys explained in detail
In simple terms it is the process of interviewing your customers and clients in streets, retail outlets, shopping malls and other public places where there is a chance of your customers buying your merchandise or using your service.
It is a highly scientific and methodical approach of gathering real-time data on what your customers think of you or your brand.
If your customers leave your retail store after making a purchase, the interviewers can ask them what encouraged them to do business with you.
If they leave your retail store or your business establishment without doing business with you, the interviewers can immediately ask why they didn’t buy and what stopped them? Was it the quality of the product or the service, or was it the behavior of the employees?
Customer intercept surveys enable you to right the wrongs and deal with anomalies with alacrity.
Sometimes, these interviewers can even turn casual shoppers into buyers by asking the right questions.
Benefits of customer intercept surveys
- Find out why your customers behave the way they do.
- Turn casual shoppers into dedicated buyers.
- Increase customer satisfaction level by knowing what they really like and then improving it further.
- Encourage brand engagement.
- Test new products and services, and new processes, without launching them into a wider market.
- Show your customers that you care about their opinions and consequently, nurture brand loyalty.
- Totally scientific and non-intrusive way of collecting real-time metrics.
- Gather data in the heat of the moment and hence, get a real sense of what your customers and clients go through when trying to do business with you.
- Know what works and what doesn’t and implement procedural changes accordingly.
- Get a better understanding of customer dynamics.